Tomorrow the train is leaving the station and we will be on our journey to read through the Bible in one year. I hope you are excited to find your seat and let the scenery start passing by your window.
Here are some benefits to reading the Bible and participating in a virtual study group:
- You can do this in your pajamas and no one will know it.
- You can bring a snack to the study and not have to share with anyone.
- You can do it at 2 am in the morning when you have insomnia.
- You can mispronounce all those Old Testament names and no one will hear you.
- You can speak up at any time and not be interrupted.
- You can text or call someone during the study and no one will be bothered by that.
- You can do it in the comfort of your own home.
- No one will know if you miss a day.
- If you're bored at work, you can log on and do this study instead!
But seriously, folks, this is a chance to do something unique. We will read through the greatest book ever written (best seller each year since the invention of the printing press) and talk about it with people from different areas of the country. I hope you will make some new friends. Another benefit is realizing that you are not alone in seeking God each day.
Let's experience a Year of Jubilee, finding rest, reconciliation and restoration through studying God's Word. If you have not signed up yet, please go to the Sign Up to Follow page for instructions. If you are signed up, make sure to put the link to this blog in your bookmark bar/favorite sites. Check in each day to see my post for that day's reading. Then make sure to comment and tell me what you notice each day.
Some of the initial days in January will be quite long to cover the material. That is because there is so much ground work laid at the front of the Bible. Please be patient with me and with yourself!
Okay, let's go!